Friday, August 28, 2009

Words Alive Discussion



Words Alive Discussion-A Piece of Cake
I liked A Piece of Cake because it taught me different things about life. One main thing that I learned is that every single one of us think we have it hard on ourselves, but there are people that have it worst. A second thing that i learned is that even though life is hard you gotta keep going, and try to overcome any obstacles. I admire Cupcake Brown because she went through a lot and eventually became a lawyer. I didn't think that she was going to straighten up, but she did. If she could do it, everybody can!
What I enjoyed about the discussion most (besides the cupcakes), was when all the group picked a passage in the book that they enjoyed and read it out loud and explained why they liked it. I really enjoyed the book and probably that's why I enjoyed the discussion.

No comments: