Friday, September 25, 2009

Domestic Violence


Anger and emotional abuse is when men or women put you down. For example name calling, playing mind games, and humiliating one another. Also when he/she make each other feel bad about her or himself. I believe that anger/emotional abuse affects teenage women the most because in my opinion I think that when men call us names it hurts our feelings, or when they put us down. In my case my baby's dad and I have not only hurt each other emotionally but physically, and verbally. In one occasion he called me a bitch, i was telling him to stop, but he didn't so I started running my mouth. He tried to lock me inside my room with my son, but i started throwing everything I found around me at him. We were both really mad and just a verbal situation got to a physical one. This situation happened for two days in a row, and I regret it with all my heart because I think this is the reason god took my son away from me. I handled the verbal problem in a bad way, by going at him physically. So I advice all the girls that are in similar situations to ignore the situation at first, especially if your partner is abusive. Then whenever you get a chance to leave that man leave him! We as women deserve to be treated with respect. You do not want your child to grow up in an abusive home, where later on he/she can be an abusive parent as well.

No comments: