Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Obama's Speech:My Education, My Future

My Education, My Future

1. What resonated with you from President Obama's speech? What lines or phrases do you remember?

"No one has written your destiny for you, you make your own destiny."



2. What were the three most important words in Obama's speech? What do they mean?


Obama's three most important words are education, school, and commit. I believe these words are important because if there was no education or schools there wouldn't be any Doctors to care for the sick, Police Officers to reduce crime, and Military to serve this country. We all have to commit our selfs to achieve our dreams and be somebody important in life.



3. Is Obama inspiring you to do anything? Is he challenging you to do something? What is it?


Obama inspired me to keep working hard and achieve my dreams, to keep going regardless of everything I've been through, and all rude comments that people have said about me. I want to be a Homicide Detective and I think that with his speech he gave me strength to become one.



4. Obama said, "no one has written your destiny for you, you make your own destiny." What does this quote mean to you and your life?

To me this quote means that nobody is leading you in life, that we lead ourselves whether it's for the worst or the best. We choose the way our life goes nobody is making you do it a certain way.



5. Obama stressed the importance of working hard in school and contributing to your country. He also asked, "What's your contribution going to be? What problems are you going to solve?" How would you answer this question if you were conversing with Mr. Obama?


My contribution to this country is to help, and serve for it. I will find criminals, and try to reduce that kind of crime.

No comments: